File manager for windows

I tried the "File Manager" app from the windows store and so far my impression is very positive:




Although the general look reminds of the old win 3.1, this is quite simple and efficient interface where the MDI folder windows layout and the tree structure inside it definitely boost productivity.

It is easy to switch between completely different locations by assigning a separate window, and then if there are some folders inside the "root" folder which we frequently have to access - the tree view shows it conveniently.

There are some things I would like to see though like sorting by "last modified" date, tabs and some more.

Also, for some reason I cannot see my USB drive in the drive selection drop down when it is plugged in, the application has to be reopened for this, which is very disappointing. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post